The Happiness Project


Ever since I gallivanted off to Tahoe last weekend, and really since Catalina, I've been slacking like crazy here. I seem to find that the more I do in the real world (i.e. off the internet), the less likely I'll be to actually sit down and write a post. Let's all just admit that it's laziness really.

I've also been avoiding this post even though it actually has a deadline (today) because I'm not quite sure what to write.

Ok, I should probably address the title at this point.

Now, this isn't your typical happiness project where every day I sit you down and tell you the happy part of my day. Or I post a photo on Instagram of a bowl of ice cream with the hashtag #100happydays. Because that's just silly. Those things aren't so much for others as they are for yourself, so you might as well just sit down in front of a mirror everyday and say the happiest part of your day. And even then, I don't think there's any need to force happiness. If you're happy, you're happy. If you're not, you're. It's just life.

But I'm always fascinated by happiness and what it truly means to everyone else. I'm just rambling at this point. The gist of it is, that I've asked a few friends to write about happiness in whatever way they want to. To share what makes you happy. And every Monday and Thursday for however long it goes, I'll have a different on here for "The Happiness Project".

Not gonna lie, this will also take a bit of stress off of me as I head into the school year full throttle and with a very full plate (my eye's were definitely bigger than my stomach on this one).

It's a way to reflect on this emotional we all feel, and hopefully a way to realize just how one and the same we really are. How we're all pretty much just stumbling through this life together.

I hope you enjoy this guest series! I'll see you here tomorrow with the first post. And as always....
post signature