The Happiness Project | Day 1


Happiness means a lot of things to different people. Personally, it took me a long time to figure out what makes me happy. I grew up in a upper middle class community but my family didn't have the income to live like the others did. I always thought that having the coolest clothes or having the best vacations would make me happy because that's what I was used to seeing. I was never the prettiest or the most talented so I let that make things bitter. It wasn't until a few years ago when I got my job and bought new clothes that I saw that even having the perfect top or shoes wasn't what was going to make me happy. I saw everything through new eyes and was just appreciative of everything. I realized that I had such amazing friends that would go out of their way to help me out and a family that loves to prank each other. The things that make me the happiest are when I can sit in the passenger seat of a car, read, and just watch the world fly by me. I'm also the happiest when I have a cup of coffee and just sit and have quiet time to myself. I can wrap this all up with the song This is the Life by Two Door Cinema Club, that says, "This is the life, then who'd argue?" Be happy because life is beautiful!

If you want to read more, Adriana blogs over at Alaska Renee, where she does a bit of everything, much like me. If you're one of those people who finds happiness and inspiration reading funny little pieces about someone's day (or specifically their twenty-first birthday) then this is the place for you. 

post signature

If you'd like to join The Happiness Project, feel free to fill out this form and look for your post in the upcoming weeks!