10 Things That Make Me Happy
Happiness can come in small packages throughout life. I’ve noticed in my 24 years that appreciating those little things makes finding happiness a lot easier. Being happy is a choice, you can choose to focus on the great things in life (big or small) or put your energy into the negative things in life. As humans, it is easier for us to focus on those things in life that we wish we could change. Whether that be past choices we’ve made, difficult circumstances we are put in, or paths we’ve taken. Why is that? When I find myself in a slump of bad feelings I find that the quickest way to get past it is to remind myself that I can’t change the past, I can only move forward and make better choices. I also like to count my blessings, or the little things in life that bring me joy.
So I wanted to share with you 10 things that come to mind when I think of the little things in life that bring me happiness.
1// Singing in my car at the top of my lungs (who doesn’t love doing this?)
2// Reading a good book while soaking in a bubble bath
3// Jumping into a pile of clothes that just came out of the dryer
4// Taking a nap in the middle of the day (best part of the day when I can do this)
5// Checking something off of a to do list (this makes me feel so accomplished)
6// Cuddling (this can be done with a baby, a puppy, or my husband)
7// Laughing until I want to pee myself
8// Food that isn’t good for me (cake, pasta, bread, steak, Chipotle Burritos)
9// Being around my family ( and reminiscing about the good ol’ days)
10// Making someone else smile (or laugh)
There are so many other things that I could mention, but then this list would go on for days! Remember it’s the little things in life that matter, and happiness comes from appreciating every one of them!
More of Desiree's positive outlook on life and inspirational lists can be found on her blog Love Desiree. I love little random posts that just brighten up a day such as The Joys of Working in Retail which has some of the best sarcastic lines (and photos) I've seen. And she's a Colorado girl so you already gotta love her!
If you'd like to join The Happiness Project, feel free to fill out this form and look for your post in the upcoming weeks!
