Things That Make Me Happy
As narcissistic as it may translate, I am happy with being myself for a living. Blogging has opened up those doors for me. I’m able to act like my genuine self since I am my own boss, instead of orchestrating my personality and tolerance in a forced manner. When others aren’t so nice, I don’t have to pretend to not let it bother me because of company policies. It’s empowering to think that others like myself who also blog, have the opportunity to change the way people conduct business; we can build our own businesses and brand ourselves as bloggers while offering knowledge to others who may be hired to help turn our dreams into a reality. Trading time for knowledge which gives others the opportunity to grow, and not just a fixed paycheck, makes me very happy. I have a lot of hope in my heart and want to make a huge difference in shifting the mindset of destiny so many have. It’s because of blogging I have the confidence of creating my own destiny.
I have had amazing experiences and opportunities because of blogging and share them with anyone who is interested in reading about them, in hopes to inspire others to have the desire to follow their bliss for a living. What started out as a hobby has turned into a life changing experience for me. I meet others who inspire me to stay out of my comfort zone, which is vital for personal growth and I want to pay it forward.
As a mommy, I have the privilege to inspire my children to follow their dreams. I want them to have the mindset of Walt Disney and know that anything is possible for them. They inspire me every day to be a better person and to look at life with ambition, hope and confidence as they see it to be fit. Children decide they want to be pop stars and astronauts with confidence. Those who maintain that confidence through adulthood without letting the outside world convince them of how crazy they sound become pop stars and astronauts.
Unwrapping this gift of life and discovering life’s purpose for myself, and being able to re-gift that idea and share it with others is what makes me genuinely happy!
Amby blogs over at Amby Felix where she writes about her life after graduation from Cordon Bleu, and as a mother in North California. Even though she graduated from Cordon Bleu, she does not consider herself a chef, rather a cook, but she's still got some wonderful recipes on her blog.
If you'd like to join The Happiness Project, feel free to fill out this form and look for your post in the upcoming weeks!
