Life doesn't exactly stop

You must think I don't exist anymore. And sometimes these past few weeks I also thought I didn't exist. Be it because I was living the island life, or because I was sweating buckets on a field for 8 hours learning how to "chair". I don't think I've ever been more tan than I am now.

But, I'm definitely back in the real world now. Class starts tomorrow, and everyone's back on campus ready to roll. The apartment is mostly settled (minus the distinct lack of food). And I'm just sitting here like a lost puppy. It seems like everyone is super pumped to be back, to be in action, to be at college...except me. Every blogger is writing about college must-haves, and how to survive your first week on campus. Their Instagram is full of cute pictures of their room decorations. And I'm all about how to make summer last as long as possible. How to not be back in the real world. 

Because this summer ranks as one of my favorites. Alex graduated and took the oath to serve our country. So proud.


Somehow I traveled to Catalina and Tahoe with the band. And made new friends (despite my distinct lack in the social skills department).

I had a legitimate job all summer where I learned how to work.

I spent a fortnight back on Catalina for class and fell in love with the water and the sun.


And I spent the past week putting my body through hell (I think it hates me now) and getting Squad Single Ladies back in action. Yes, I'm single, no need to even ask that one.  

2014 TMB Clarinets I don't know what the hell I'm doing (typical).
But unfortunately life doesn't exactly work the way I'd like it to. Ever. And with the return of classes, there will be a return of football season, late night study sessions, other late night activities (like sleeping...gosh!) and a return to some quality writing - not like this post at all. 
post signature