Some virus decided to go ahead and attack my throat recently. I mean clog it all up and then get really angry when I decide to cough. It likes to make my throat feel really shitty so I cough and then feel even worse. Hello "Bandbonic Plague". Because the sad thing about college is that you live with all your best friends. i.e. you get sick with all your best friends. One right after the other so there's always at least one person sick for the remainder of the semester.
I skipped class today. I took a four hour nap and watched at least three episodes of Parks and Rec. And I'm usually one of those people who powers through and pretends like nothing is wrong. Because classes are extremely important.
But I learned a valuable lesson. After trekking to the health center - I survived one month without going there, pathetic - with the hopes of getting anything to make me feel better, they could only prescribe over the counter drugs (boo viruses) and these words of wisdom:
"Stay away from people. What you have sucks, you don't want to get anyone else sick."
They were so helpful.
Anyhow my words of advice for anyone out there who would go to class sick: please don't. Just take the day off for your own sanity and for the sanity of everyone else. Because the bandbonic plague wouldn't...okay that will always be a thing...but getting sick through classes should never be a thing. Your teachers will understand because *surprise surprise* they don't exactly want to get sick either.
And if you're riding this sick boat with me, may I suggest chicken noodle soup, tea, and Parks and Rec. And then napping. Lots of napping. Also, don't post on social media without letting your parents know that you're not actually dying. That leads to a few missed calls and voicemails (sorry Mom and Dad)
I am determined to get better for the Sound of Music this weekend. Because I have to sing about Edelweiss and raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens.
