How to Stay Organized Pt. II

Funny story. This post was not sponsored. I just like to write about products. I have a really interesting life.

Remember when I said I was giving up on planners here? That was all well and good to say in high summer when all I had was work, sleep and the occasional band gig. Come mid-August, I was already overwhelmed and curled up in a ball on my bed because of the amount of things I now had to remember and accomplish. And the amount of events I had to be present at. The idea of putting everything in a google calendar, or better yet, just storing it in my brain and occasionally checking in the syllabi was just leading me to hours of Tumblr and Amazon Prime (Netflix's little, not-as-cool sibling). I wasn't about to go purchase a $50 Kate Spade or Erin Condren planner because I am not cool enough, or smart enough to use one.


I don't remember how exactly I found these planners? Probably Tumblr. But my May Book has literally saved my life from utter chaos and constant meltdowns. I love that it's the size of a tiny book and it's paperback. It bends and it's super light. There are a million (50) designs to choose from on the website. I ended up on the whale one because, you know, whales are calm and such. I actually have no idea how I ended up with whales, but I'm a fan.

And inside, there's the monthly planner in the front, then two weeks per page and a notes section. It gives me a nice little infographic in the corner of every page showing where the week is in reference to the month. They don't actually call it a planner, but rather an "agenda", which makes more sense given that I don't really plan my life, it just sort of happens and I have to remember everything.



Basically these planners are for the "sort-of" organized people. Instead of writing down everything and color-coding (because that would take longer than it would to just do the assignment) I write down assignments and anything out of the ordinary happening that week. Your brain can usually remember the other stuff..emphasis on usually.

Note. I will be attending the Sound of Music Sing-a-long this weekend at the Hollywood Bowl. I turned down an invite to attend this event. I've never been more excited to belt out "Do Re Mi" with thousands of other people. But actually. And yodel.

I convinced my roommates to buy them as well. You're welcome May Designs! ...And thank you a bunch! My life would've already train-wrecked without you (I give it another 2 weeks with you).

post signature

PS. They're only $25 including shipping, which is a steal.