Predicting the Golden Globes

Let's hear a round of applause, this is post number 150! *crickets chirping*
This post is another check off the 101 in 1001 though, so I thought that, of course, this has got to be my most well thought out, intriguing post to date.


Best Picture - Drama: Rush, Gravity, Captain Phillips, Philomena, 12 Years a Slave
Philomena wins mostly because it was the only one I've seen of the 5. Gravity was too scary about space and all, and 12 Years a Slave was too much history for me in a year. I've never even heard of the other two.... But really Philomena is a quality film with a really intriguing story line that just so happens to be true, and some truly quality acting, but that is for later categories

Best Picture - Comedy/Musical: American Hustle, Her, Inside Llewyn Davis, Nebraska, The Wolf of Wall Street
 I haven't seen any of them, but Her is probably going to win because it's the easiest to spell.

Best Actress - Drama: Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine), Sandra Bullock (Gravity), Judi Dench (Philomena), Emma Thompson (Saving Mr. Banks), Kate Winslet (Labor Day)
Uhhh...gonna have to give it to Judi Dench, again because I haven't actually seen any of the other ones.

We're gonna skip the Best Actor-Drama category, and the Best Actress - Comedy/Musical and the Best Actor - Comedy/Musical because I haven't seen any of the films in these categories. In fact, while we're at it, we'll also skip Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Director. This is going well....

Best Animated Feature: Frozen, The Croods, Despicable Me 2
Well gosh darnit! This is the one category where I've actually seen two of the three films.  Even though I am in the soundtrack of The Croods (a story for another time) I've got to go with Frozen. A Disney film to rival my all-time favorite Cinderella.

Okay definitely skipping Best Foreign Language Film and moving on.

Best TV Series, Drama: Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, The Good Wife, House of Cards, Masters of Sex
Though I think the Breaking Bad finale sent everyone into a frenzy (confession: I haven't actually watched it - any of it), the first season of Masters of Sex was really craftily written and acted.

Best TV Series, Comedy: The Big Bang Theory, Girls, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Who doesn't love a slightly dysfunctional, very hilarious family?

Best TV Mini-Series/Movie: Dancing on the Edge, Behind the Candelabra, American Horror Story: Coven, Top of the Lake, White Queen
Haven't seen any of these either, but I really really want to know what exactly is behind the candelabra now!

Best Actress in a TV Series, Music or Comedy: Zooey Deschanel (New Girl)
There're probably other people in this category, but hands down Zooey for the win

Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy: Jason Bateman (Arrested Development), Don Cheadle (House of Lies), Michael J. Fox (The Michael J. Fox Show), Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama: Juliana Margulies (The Good Wife), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Taylor Schilling (Orange is the New Black), Kerry Washington (Scandal), Robin Wright (House of Cards)
My roommates would kill me if I didn't pick Kerry Washington from Scandal. They've been watching the show without me all semester....

Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama: Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Liev Shreiber (Ray Donovan), Michael Sheen (Masters of Sex), Kevin Spacey (House of Cards), James Spader (The Blacklist)
How about you pick the winner for this one.

Tune in to watch the Golden Globes sometime this Sunday evening (I can't do timezones, or channels) and see if these accurate predictions will actually be right!

Happy 150th!

E