First Day Jitters

Now that the first day of classes is practically over (yesterday didn't count as I only had one measly math class), I can breath a sigh of relief and dive into the semester. Even after 14 years of first days back to school, I still have the jitters. Moments of panic and freak-outs.

1. Getting up three hours early to make sure that you're up on time.

2. Walking into a classroom, then walking out to check your schedule to make sure it's the right classroom. And with that obsessively checking the times of your classes.

3. Drinking too much water in class and then refusing to get up to go to the bathroom because you can't do that on the first day.

4. The crickets chirping in the classroom when the professor asks anything.

5. Homework assigned the first day leading to mild panic attacks as you begin to feel overwhelmed. Even if that homework is to just download a program...

6. Awkwardly looking around the classroom and feeling quite out of place. Examples: I am the only person bioinformatics not majoring in biology. I am surrounded by freshmen in my General Education class.

But hey, it's time to be happy that's it's all over and done with now, and that now wonderful things can truly begin.


 It's off to the races. Fingers crossed I don't trip at the speed I'll be going this semester.

E