Planning for Next Year V.2


This photo has been floating around the tumblr-sphere and of course Erika was going to catch onto it. It's freaking gorgeous! But also a bit strange because the cars are driving on the wrong side of the road. The British are strange, no doubt about it, and in concern for my safety, this fact, among a few others, must be remembered as I head overseas next year.

1. Cars drive on the left side of the road. Now this could be a big problem if I ever decide to take a bus. I will end up waiting on the wrong side of the road and have to make a dash for it. I should probably also never drive as I will veer into oncoming traffic too often.

2. Whilst at a restaurant, ordering "chips" means I'm actually getting french fries, not chips. If I want chips then I must ask for "crisps". This shouldn't be a huge problem as I don't really eat either, but it could come as quite a shock on a night out.

3. On the same note, a "lemonade" is not a lemonade - it's actually a fizzy lemon drink. To get lemonade, one must ask for lemon juice. I have no idea what they actually call lemon juice (the stuff directly from the lemon).

4. The average British male has a wonderful accent. But just because their voice sounds nice doesn't always mean that they are a nice person. I'm sure most all of the British men are spiffy, but they're probably a few, just like in America, who really aren't going to be worth my time. Thus I cannot fall into the accent trap!

I'm sure if I remember these four things I won't have any problems in Britain! Jokes, there will be loads more that'll be completely different from here! And that will be the fun part of it all - living in this place with all these slight changes will be so befuddling, yet quite fun!

Oh how will I watch (American) football there? This could be a major problem! But for now, you can expect to find me on the couch all day - go Broncos!

E