But, as I said, I'm all up and ready to share some photos and thoughts from what turned out to be one of the more quality Spring Breaks I've been on. I got to see some stunning sights and to continue to over think and introspect all of it.
My parents suggested a hike the day after I arrived back at altitude that we go on a hike up Green Mountain. I love this hike because
1) It's decently short (only about 3 and a half miles round trip) and
2) You get to look over the plains from one side of the summit and the Continental Divide on the other.
All in all, you get a taste of Colorado in just a few switchbacks and a few snapshots. My heart was only beating at twice its normal rate...
| There was snow! |
| The "Flatirons" |
| And that..is the Continental Divide. |
| The cairn at the summit and map to name the mountains. |
The rest of the break will be coming in sequence. I'm super excited for the Naval Academy post on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think we all tend to forget that the Academies even exist and that people our age are going through them.
Happy Sunday all!
E
PS. Check out and give a like to my Facebook page if you would be so kind! :)