March Songs

March began with a clash of thunder and a downpour of rain this monsoon-like weekend. And as the weekend comes to a close I finally have a reason to cozy up in bed with a hot cuppa tea and listen to the calming drizzle of the rain drops....and some quality new tunes.



The Man - Aloe Blacc. This first one comes from a USC grad. It's got one line that reminds me of Your Song (by Elton John), but that's as close as it gets to an Elton John song.
The Man by Aloe Blacc on Grooveshark

Love Me Again - John Newman. Same genre as the song above, but a bit faster and a bit more angsty.
Love me Again by John Newman on Grooveshark

Who We Are - Imagine Dragons. I can't go into March without a new Imagine Dragons song, especially after seeing their Valentine's Day concert. This one just happens to be from the Catching Fire soundtrack as well.
Who We Are by Imagine Dragons on Grooveshark

Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band. My token old country song that I discovered this month. It gives you some American pride as well as disgust (I don't actually like fried chicken...)
Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band on Grooveshark

Bloom - The Paper Kites. A singer/songwriter piece. Much more calming than all the songs listed above.
Bloom by The Paper Kites on Grooveshark

Stubborn Love - The Lumineers. The second most popular Lumineers song. Typical Lumineers style.
Stubborn Love by The Lumineers on Grooveshark

Delicate - Damien Rice. This song may or may not be over 10 years old. Rice wrote the song Cannonball that Little Mix made popular.
Delicate by Damien Rice on Grooveshark

I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding. I'm apparently a year late to this one? But another quality track on Calvin Harris' album.
I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris on Grooveshark

Mugshot - Max. I've mentioned this song numerous times already...need I say more?

And finally Chapstick by Schoenburg. I've been to a few house performances by Schoenburg and am in love with song. It's not quite popular enough to be on Grooveshark, Spotify or even Itunes, but I've linked it to YouTube!

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and a splendid March!

E