For those of you who read the recap post from a few days ago, you would know that I spent most of the afternoon and all the evening at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda. We were playing for the Trojan League of Orange Country for some fundraiser or another. Needless to say I was floored by how gorgeous the library and grounds were.
The chandeliers inside were the definition of decadence and extravagance, and the hall was completely white with intricate carvings. I felt like I was back in England exploring old homes. The tables were decked out with TMB Helmets and cardinal and gold decorations. Of course I was craving the delicious bread laid out during rehearsal, but I refrained from stealing any.
But the grounds were what really caught my attention. As we strolled through them, we were mistaken for the guests of the event, and more than once offered hors d'oeuvres. I'd say that we were pretty successful at dressing the part of all those in attendance, and we turned down the food (we're such good citizens...and we'd just had Bucca di Beppos).
 |
| Nixon's childhood home casually chilling in the background |
 |
Wearing Lauren Conrad top from Kohl's. Skirt from my grandma (also from Kohl's),
wedges from Clarks, watch from Macy's. |
Minus the small inconvenience that our performance was delayed a solid 45 minutes, I loved the concert and having the ability to explore another hidden gem of California. I now also know that Nixon library is not a legitimate library, rather a library solely about Nixon and his time in office - feeling like an out-of-stater right about now.
Now give me one more day of weekend please! I didn't particularly get much work done...