Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. One's happiness only depends upon food and the words of others (and a bit of football...)
I love Thanksgiving so much because all it takes to make someone feel good is telling them thanks for how wonderful they are. No need to spend hours brainstorming and buying a gift that might not even be the right one. And in the process you begin to feel just as wonderful and thankful as them.
I know you're saying, but Erika, Thanksgiving was Thursday, and today is Saturday...
It for sure was Thursday because I remember eating all this, and two helpings of pie.
![]() |
| Notice that the meal is predominantly mac 'n' cheese and sweet potatoes. |
But hey the first thing I'm thankful for is that fact that you all won't judge me because I am two days late! (Due to a food coma and the fact that I traveled to Colorado for a mere 40 hour visit)
Here are my long overdue thank yous:
I'm thankful for.....Some of the most splendid friends (& of course family) out there, such as this one for going Black Friday shopping with me, or the ones below who manage to be both mentors and friends at the same time!
![]() |
| Shout Out to Betty! Happy 20th dear! |
I'm thankful for....Boulder and Los Angeles. My hometown and my adventure town.

I'm thankful for.....music, specifically the easily accessible music of Spotify, and Megan's daily sharing of new songs with me. Did you know that you can message songs on Spotify to people? I learned that and my life became complete. Also, One Direction's new album (no judgements)
I'm thankful for.....tea and coffee and really all sweet, hot, caffeinated drinks. We got my dad an espresso/cappuccino maker for his birthday and he, and the whole family, are now all very happy campers!
![]() |
| Anything with a cinnamon stick and chocolate sauce is totally photo worthy. |
![]() |
| Look at that grin! |
I'm thankful for.....books. Books have helped me in so many ways. To escape my world for a bit, to be a better writer, to just be a better person. Tied to that I'd like to give a shout-out to my bed for being a wonderful place to read books, and, of course, sleep.
I'm thankful for...the internet, and you all for taking the time to read through these musings and ramblings, and being patient with me as I sort out my life. Thanks a bunch!
Happy Saturday!
and now I feel as if I can say this too:
Happy Holidays!
E





