Do you remember the 90's? I don't particularly. I was only 7 when the new millennium hit (and I'm pretty sure I slept through it anyways). So the '90s were really just days filled of crayons and tricycles and macaroni and cheese for me.
This weekend, though, I got to experience the '90s in full force - the music, the culture, the people.
In marching band, each section/bus has a weekender theme, and our seniors picked the '90s as our theme. (Note: the weekender is the yearly trip practically the whole school takes to contest either Stanford or Cal in football - this year was at Cal, and literally half the Cal stadium was our fans).
![]() |
| TMB Clarinet Sophomores. Can you guess what we all are? |
The trip commenced with a 7AM call time on Friday where we came dressed as the '90s. Other interesting themes included Christmas, Disney Princesses, Grimm's Fairytales (but ours was obviously the best). The bus ride was a solid 7 hours and much of it was this:
![]() |
| Be with you soon, I've just got to sleep with Vivian for a bit. Also, thank you EJ for creepily taking a picture of us sleeping. |
![]() |
| Shout-out to EJ for this one. |
![]() |
| The threesome at the pier. Merry Christmas? |
![]() |
| Fighting on with the Cal drum major and continuing the tradition of photographing with the opposing team. The Cal student section was behind us... |
If you were wondering who the awkward creeper in the back is, it's the clarinet TA, Mark, trying to photo bomb because I was "fraternizing with the enemy". But they aren't much of an enemy if we beat them 62-28, right? Go team!
Saturday evening I literally sat on the couch in a blanket for 3 or 4 hours before going to another couch for another hour, and then the floor for an hour before heading to bed for a solid 8 hours of sleep. (Megan if you are reading this, I had a lovely time sharing a bed with you. winky face.) Saturday night was a total rager for me.
And Sunday morning we were back on the bus to sunny SoCal. We watched Spice World - it's surprisingly scary. And the whole section now knows that I had to repeat kindergarten as well...but only because there wasn't any room in first grade for me! Gotta love the New Hampshire schools.
And now I get to once again say I had a phenomenal weekend, but now I have way too much to do.
Happy Veteran's Day. Thank you too all my family who served, and too all who had served!
E




