Stopping the Stress.

Yesterday was by far my most productive day of school work for me in months. I plowed through some written assignments, some math assignments, some reading, and even some presentation prep!
But halfway through the evening, I was getting frustrated with my inability to do my math homework. My desk was littered with papers, notes, and attempted problems, a calculator and the remains of my haphazard dinner. 

Twitter | @ErikaPetroy
I was super stressed, and unable to even focus on the social media sites that I was attempting to use to distract myself. 

So what did I do?

I walked away. I literally left my desk in all its messiness and confusing-ness and walked out for a breather. Just moving away from the area of stress can make you feel a bit less panicked.

I went to the gym. For me, working out is just as much of a stress-reliever as it is a way to stay fit. I go and do the elliptical and watch some television show (last night was Bones) to get myself out of my mind. After even just a half an hour workout, I feel so much better, and less overwhelmed by the magnitude of work.

I ate some ice cream. But actually, sometimes just a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup can make the day so much better. #comfortfood

Instagram | Abuelita's Syrup de Chocolate
I did some other work. Alright math homework, I obviously can't do you right now, but I can do my Environmental Studies work, and my Econ homework. Let me do something that I can accomplish so I can be productive, and feel good about it.

I read Harry Potter. Really any book will do. Once again, just taking yourself out of the situation can relieve all the pressure that you put on yourself. You're going to bed in the Harry Potter world, rather in your own stressed out world.

I went to bed. Everything always looks brighter in the morning. What seems overwhelming and terrible at 10 at night, will become much less ferocious after a night of sleep.

 These are a few of the ways that I relieve stress. I've learned over the year's that it is important value a healthy mind and body over perfect grades, or the "perfect" life.

What do you do to stop the panic attacks? (What is your comfort food?)
Marvelous Monday to you!

E