My First British Tea

I've begun to settle in Brighton now and even though I'm hemorrhaging moneys at the moment I'm hoping to sort out that problem shortly. Moving completely across the world is proving to be both trickier and easier than I initially thought. For instance the British use way to many coins on a daily basis - they have 2 pence, 5 pence, 10 pence, 20 pence, 50 pence, 1 pound and 2 pound coins. That's SEVEN different coins, and they aren't even shaped or colored in any particular order. It's been a struggle trying to pay for things with cash, or should I say with coins. But it's been incredibly easy to figure out the city and bus system perhaps because the central part is actually quite small and I thankfully have a decent amount of 3G on my phone plan to make it through. 

The sea is at the end there 
View from my bed
There're gonna be lots of photos like this
We've wandered through Brighton a few times now. I had my first British breakfast minus the baked beans because that's just a weird thing to have for brekkers.


 And yesterday I had my first official British cream tea. I spilt the milk and struggled to figure out all the utensils involved. But it was delicious and I had three cups and a scone with lemon curd so no complaints on my end. If you're ever in Brighton I highly recommend the Mock Turtle for such an adventure. It's quirky, but relatively easy to figure out for us dumb Americans. 


I'm back off to the city today for one more adventure before classes start tomorrow. We'll see how those go...

post signature