A Walk on the Downs







My uni this semester happens to be the one university on a national park in the entire country of England. And given that I'm coming from dead central Los Angeles, this has been a nice change of pace. I was eager to explore the area (whilst not spending money) so I put on my tennis shoes and walked out the back of my house into the Sussex Downs. 

The crazy amount of rain here not only leads to actual green fields, but also incredibly muddy paths. I should've worn my rain boots. Anyhow, I hiked up through the woods and over the hill and landed smack dab on the downs with a view of an old English house on my left, and my new uni on the right. 

I remember reading Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, reading Watership Down, which was set on these very downs. And trying to picture the rolling hills and green forests, and the old English houses. Seeing it come to life has been incredible, once the weather warms up I'm 100% taking more advantage of my location.
post signature