My childhood was defined by book series. I was such a little bookworm going through phases of series - my Harry Potter days, my Anne of Green Gables days. And these classics here have been read multiple times, even now in my adulthood (Joke! Not really an adulthood but l like to pretend).
My bookshelf still houses many of the series, but some have migrated to other rooms in the house, or migrated out of the house to the library or the Bookworm.
Here Goes:
 |
| The Boxcar Children - My first ever series. I must've read at least 100 of them. Gosh I wanted to be those kids! |
 |
| Betsy-Tacy - I wanted to be this girl too. |
 |
| The Time Quintet - everyone knows A Wrinkle in Time, but did you know that there's four other books too! (fifth not pictured) |
 |
| The Harper Hall Trilogy - I've mentioned these before. I love how this is a completely new world, but with people exactly like me (and they somehow speak English quite well). |
 |
| Cape Hatteras Trilogy - Made me want to go to the Outerbanks. |
 |
| Children of the Famine Trilogy - Set in my favorite time period, 120 years ago. |
 |
| Harry Potter - Gotta have 'em. Yes, sorry they're out of order! |
 |
| Narnia Series - These are actual classics... |
 |
| Swallows and Amazons - I just reread this for the fifth time...in college. |
 |
| Little House Series - The second series I read. I can practically tell Laura's life as well as her now. |
 |
| The Doll People - I liked the drawings and the dolls. My dolls are totally alive too. |
 |
| Anne of Green Gables - Just reread these last fall. Perhaps my favorite series. |
 |
| Little Women - a classic. I always cry. |
Honorable Mentions: The Redwall Series, Inkheart Series, His Dark Materials Series, The Warriors Series (with cats), The Guardians of Ga'hoole (with owls), The Magic Tree House Series, The Charlie Bone Series, The Series of Unfortunate Events, The Spiderwick Chronicles.
In conclusion, I read
way too much.
Sometime in the future I'll do single books that I've really enjoyed but don't necessarily follow a series (though I wish some of them had). And perhaps series that I have enjoyed in more recent years - such as Game of Thrones which I really couldn't have read until I was at least fifteen!
Comment if you've read any of these or think I've missed an important series!
Au Revoir!
E