The Non-Weekends

You know those weekends that aren't really weekends. The ones where no sleeping, and no sleeping-in is involved? Well this weekend was for sure one of them.









Friday night involved some clarinet fun times with the section. I found this quality, yet quite grainy shot of me and my squad leader (for our squad "Single Ladies") just sitting on my phone the next morning. 













This Saturday I woke up bright and early (per usual) for a 6:30 AM band practice. One in which I was literally freezing for the first half whilst wearing two sweatshirts, and then burning up because I couldn't take them off. Thank the college football gods that we didn't have a game this weekend, and instead had the lovely "Thursday Night Game". A game with some "sexy dancing" at halftime:


Then I decided that although I had two midterms this week, my health was extremely important and I should go workout. But I'm gonna let you in on a bit of a secret - half the reason I go to the gym is to watch television shows without feeling guilty about it.
Oh Hey. An empty gym (for two minutes...)
I watched some X-factor and bemoaned the fact that I couldn't sing. On the elliptical you could probably hear me harshly judging all the contestants - my personal opinion is that everyone sucks this year - and by sucks I mean they're all miles better than me, but I would never listen to them.

Saturday afternoon involved some studying, I think? I can't really remember, before a Saturday night to Sunday retreat somewhere in the California mountains. I was back in nature and loving it!

That is one big ass pinecone! 
It was also one of those bond like crazy retreats where we all came out of it practically in love with each other and how strong we all are. I feel so blessed to be a part of this organization and have the trust of this group of girls. Never have I made friends so quickly and deeply. And the amount of introspection that we did got me thinking about the direction my life is going (which is not always the best thing for Erika) and if it's time for change.


Okay enough with the mushy gushy. On the drive back, I made our driver pull out at a turn-out so I could have my own personal photoshoot. I mean just look at the above heavenly landscape. I was practically back in Colorado (until I looked straight down and saw the smog-filled streets of Los Angeles suburbs(
The unintentional "free spirit" photo. The looking off in the distance one.
In my plaid shirt, leggings, and Uggs.
The fist pump of victory.
Sunday afternoon/evening was work work work. 

But perhaps I should take away my "non-weekend" assertion. There were some weekend-y elements in there, and though I didn't get enough still, nor do I feel physically refreshed, I feel quite mentally refreshed and ready to tackle this three day week before CHICAGO!

E