Parent's Weekend and LACMA

Hallelujah at the first (and only) parent's weekend in which there wasn't a football game, or a band concert. My parents and my aunt came out for the Thursday night game - notch another win in the books - and then we had a whole wonderful weekend to spend off of campus and explore Los Angeles.

We spent the greater part of Saturday at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the La Brea Tar Pits. The LACMA is world famous for some of the most modern forms of art out there. It was well worth the visit, even if some of the pieces of art don't make any sense. Below are some of my favorite pieces. I would have more, but I forgot to take photos outside of Snapchat...typical.

The Levitating Mass (and Al and Mom) 
A piece of the Berlin Wall.
What is gravity?
The most interesting part of the entire trip was the time spent in these outdoor concrete blocks.  I'm not even sure if this was an art exhibit or just old building blocks. Anyhow, I just got super excited in my ability to defy gravity.

The evening was spent at a Clippers game with this guy (my dad) in the literal back row of the Staples Center. It was an interesting game, but it'll never be as good as football.


If you ever get a chance, head out to the LACMA for a day. It will be well worth your time. And as always, Fight on! (It's rivalry week I had to)

post signature