When it matters


I have a tendency to overthink a lot of my life. But though life is this complex, beautiful mess, it's also paradoxically as simple as the message above. In nearly all aspects of life - be it your wardrobe, your friends, your box in the attic, this about covers it. Learn to just get rid of the things that really don't matter. And if you can't, then think about why exactly it matters.

The hardest part is figuring out if something or someone actually matters to your life now. Or if they mattered at some point in the past and now all you have is sentimentality and memories. Because if all that's left are memories or ideas of good, then it's time to get rid of it.

Like my planner for instance. I really couldn't get rid of it because it mattered a whole lot so I went ahead and lost it instead.

On a side note: Happy October! As Anne of Green Gables says: I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers!

post signature