Music Monthly | May

I've just come out of the black hole of death (i.e. a final paper), only to emerge to a lovely cold and a pileful of neglected work. Regardless, classes are over and all that's left are finals! Get excited for that summer time freedo...oh who am I kidding I'm going to seriously miss this year. They say college makes you. And for once, that ambiguous "they" is actually correct. I would not be the more confident, happy individual I am today if I had not stepped foot at this school. Just yesterday, my dearest  little crossed over to become an official Helene. And I celebrated with one of the many families I have here:


Today I'll be celebrating at an end of the year brunch for Building Government, a birthday party and a graduation party. Tomorrow I'll be celebration with a banquet for Residential Student Government and a Spring Party for Helenes. Now before you get your hopes up friends, and think oh perhaps she's asked a boy and that department of her life is getting better, I've asked my roomie to come with me and we're going to have a ball because who needs boys when you can have friends who'll dress like the Spice Girls with you (the party is themed)!

Now back to the topic at hand: music. Music to get you through these last few weeks of spring. Music to get you through finals, through colds, through goodbyes.


 
This first song is not new. But this artist has just recently gotten much more popular due to the song "Best Day of My Life". I love how upbeat and uptempo this song is, and the bridge has a really swell beat as well. Perfect song to play right before a final.


This song is also a bit old. Thanks to Betty for casually texting me one day informing me to listen to this one. It's a bit more chill, but it's just got such a positive message. Especially for my friends who are graduating, it reminds me to value these last few moments of this year.

 


These one stopped by college the other week for Spring Fest. Which I sadly did not attend. They're pop with a bit of an indy twist. The lead singer has unique voice, and the blend of drum sections with mellower sections makes it a build up kind of song. Or a dance around the room when you're going crazy kind of song.
Released about a month, this new band from the UK sounds like Maroon 5 with a twist. The almost reggae beat makes it a jammin song, but the lyrics and chorus are perfect sing-alongs. This is perfectly described my Spring Party woes (just kidding it's majorly more dramatic than my - nonexistent - love life).
I've decided to try Spotify links because they look prettier! Let me know if they work for you - you have to have Spotify on your computer and I don't want to limit the amount of readers who can listen to my (wonderful) song selection. I can always go back to some Grooveshark if necessary!
Have a wonderful weekend!
post signature
Environment Tip #4: If it's paper, walk those two extra steps to the recycling bin. I swear it's worth it.

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Polyvore